Hara Estroff Marano
1. When you hear the old shibboleth that “women don’t have a sense of humor” or are “less funny than men,” your immediate response is_______________.
Well, just come out to lunch with us.
2. Were you funny as a kid? Were you funnier (or less funny) as teenager?
I was voted Class Wit (female division) in my HS class of 500.
3. What’s the most notable way your life would be different if you didn’t have your sense of humor?
I might be imprisoned for murder.
4. If you could have a magnificent dinner with three women—real, fictional, mythological—who would you choose as your guests?
Michelle O., Clementine Churchill, Cleopatra.
5. Do you those closest to you admire you for your sense of humor-- or despite your sense of humor?
For. For my ability to ultimately have an original perspective.
Hara Estroff Marano is the longtime Editor at Large of Psychology Today magazine and website. She is the author of three books, the most recent of which is A Nation of Wimps: The High Cost of Invasive Parenting. She has written nonfiction for many publications you’ve heard of and a few you probably haven’t. She lives in Brooklyn and her only public vice is an occasional tweet (@haramarano).
Read more at https://www.woodhallpress.com/fast-funny-women !